Wednesday 2 November 2011

A grasp on our senses...

Music can trigger many different emotions. One artist can place a person in the greatest of moods, while to another person can be brought to tears. Songs can very much - to an individual - be associated with a certain feeling, memorable environment, loved one or enemy. These sounds can bring forth to our minds the most brilliant memories of joy. The song will change and you can find yourself in the depths of sorrow, loss, yearning.

Recently I was witness to two live performances; Noah and the Whale and Charlie Simpson. Both were very entertaining however the latter was breathtaking. Tears definitely glazed over. The company to these did however make the experiences that much more delightful.

Feelings linked to music and melody have truly been known to instantly affect my mood. Sometimes the sounds will lift me up, but other times they will send me to the opposing end. Music has always had this mystical and prodigious power over my sensibility. Charlie Simpson's performance was a perfect example of it's hold over me.

I hope that I am not alone with music's grasp.

Yours Joe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment